ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE update (wait)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel RegalbutoAE update (wait)
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 12:06:59 am

I went ahead and ran the update this morning. I can no longer switch programs while rendering. AE won't switch to the background and I have to wait. Good thing I have the BG Renderer script, but I hope they fix this quickly

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE update (wait)
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:07:52 am

As they used to say in Top 40 Radio....

...AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gabriel RegalbutoRe: AE update (wait)
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 5:40:30 am

Hits? Isn't that a Betacam thing? Oh well, one of these days someone is going to release some fully baked software. They're getting better all the time!

FC7 CS5.5
MacPro 8x
5drive eSATA stripe

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE update (wait)
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 2:11:52 pm

[Gabriel Regalbuto] "I can no longer switch programs while rendering. AE won't switch to the background and I have to wait."

I'm not seeing this on any of our systems (PCs, Windows 7 & Windows 10. I'll get to some Macs today or tomorrow).

Have you done any basic troubleshooting? Restart Ae, reboot the computer, reset preferences, etc.?

Can you consistently reproduce the problem? Does it always happen on the same project? With the same footage? With the same effects? What steps can someone else take to reproduce the problem?

[Gabriel Regalbuto] "I hope they fix this quickly"

Please consider filing a bug report [link] with the information you provided in your first post and the answers to the questions I asked above.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2015 at 4:50:51 pm

Doh - reboot fixed it! Thanks for reminding me of the obvious.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2015 at 2:37:35 am

I spoke too soon. On a freshly booted system in a different project with different effects, and after deleting caches I get the same problem. The dreaded red frames in Premiere are back with a vengeance, and Media Encoder seems to have caught that bug too.

As to preferences, are you suggesting some kind of Final Cut 4 trash preferences ritual?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2015 at 2:37:48 am

I spoke too soon. On a freshly booted system in a different project with different effects, and after deleting caches I get the same problem. The dreaded red frames in Premiere are back with a vengeance, and Media Encoder seems to have caught that bug too.

As to preferences, are you suggesting some kind of Final Cut 4 trash preferences ritual?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE update (wait)
by on Dec 3, 2015 at 5:06:02 pm

Wait a minute.... Final Cut Pro version FOUR? How are you even getting it to run? I'd start looking at it FIRST for software operation inconsistencies.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2015 at 5:54:18 pm

Haha - no. Just remembering when FCP would act up there was a whole drill for deleting and restoring preferences which would usually clear things up and wondering if Walter was prescribing a similar fix here.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE update (wait)
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 11:45:46 am

[Gabriel Regalbuto] "On a freshly booted system in a different project with different effects, and after deleting caches I get the same problem. The dreaded red frames in Premiere are back with a vengeance, and Media Encoder seems to have caught that bug too. "

Red frames are supposed to happen when MediaCore can't decode a source frame. What format is your source footage?

[Gabriel Regalbuto] "As to preferences, are you suggesting some kind of Final Cut 4 trash preferences ritual?"

I was. To reset Ae's preferences, hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while Ae is starting. However, if the problem is caused by some kind of footage issue, I wouldn't hold out much hope here.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]