Richard FarhatCreating a Preset for Multiple Key Frames and Actions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:39:37 pm

Hi,

Let's say I have a solid circle and I want to add the following actions to it:

1) Scale the circle from 0% to 100% over 5 frames
2) Start with 0% opacity and go to 100% over 5 frames
3) Start with a blur of 20% and go to 0% over 5 frames
4) Move the circle a few degrees in Z space over 7 frames

Not all the the key frames line up (start and stop at the same frame number).

And let's say I need to apply these actions to 150 various objects throughout the video.

Is there a way or a plugin to have this group of actions applied to the various objects I need to animate? I tried looking through the forum for an answer but could not find anything solid.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Creating a Preset for Multiple Key Frames and Actions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:46:44 pm

Go look up Animation Presets. They do just what you want. They're very handy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard FarhatRe: Creating a Preset for Multiple Key Frames and Actions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:05:45 pm

I tried saving a preset with these functions. One thing I forgot to mention was that I am using Ease and Whizz on all the key frames. For some reason I am not able to get the preset to work properly. Any ideas?

Thank you for your response.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Creating a Preset for Multiple Key Frames and Actions
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:07:33 pm

[Richard Farhat] "or some reason I am not able to get the preset to work properly"

What doesn't work the way you want?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:14:52 pm

The new object gets moved to the original position of the first one I used to save the preset. Also Ease and Whizz does not get applied.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:32:34 pm

Yeah, to use the animations presets, you'd have to forget about the script. I can't think of a Plan B for you. Sorry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:37:58 pm

Thank you Dave.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 6:41:55 pm

Is there any way you get get around using the script? Can you just put a lot of time into getting keyframed animation right? I think it would be worth your while.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:04:02 pm

I could do that by maybe applying the script, taking note of the curves, removing the script, tweaking the curves then save the preset. Maybe even forget the script during the creation of the preset then manually apply it to the keyframes once the new object takes the preset.

I still need to figure out why when applying the preset, it places the object where the original preset was created.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 7:56:40 pm

[Richard Farhat] "The new object gets moved to the original position of the first one I used to save the preset. Also Ease and Whizz does not get applied. "

The object moves because you're saving position keyframes into the preset. If you only want to save a Z-space move, first separate the position property, then animate the Z position, then include only the Z-position property in your selection when saving the animation preset.

Ease and Wizz applies expressions to properties, and expressions can be saved in animation presets. You do have to make sure you have the property selected when saving the preset.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 9:05:43 pm

Thanks for the reply Walter. I believe this is the exact answer I'm looking for but I apologize I'm somewhat confused.

For the first part, how can I separate the position property from the Z space move? Isn't the Z space move achievable through animating the position property?

For the second part, can you please clarify what you mean by "have the property selected when saving the preset"?.

Thank you

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2015 at 2:03:09 pm

[Richard Farhat] "For the first part, how can I separate the position property from the Z space move? Isn't the Z space move achievable through animating the position property?"

Ae can treat position two different ways. The first, with the XYZ components joined together as a single property, is the default. This is simpler to think about, but for example, you cannot store a specific Z value without also storing specific X and Y values.

The second way splits X, Y and Z into three separate properties, each of which can be modified individually and independently, without affecting the other two. This is a bit harder to think about, but it offers you a lot more flexibility with your animation, and it allows you, for example, to modify or animate Z without modifying or animating X or Y.

See here for more:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/selecting-arranging-layers.html...

[Richard Farhat] "For the second part, can you please clarify what you mean by "have the property selected when saving the preset"?."

The properties that you have selected in the timeline are the ones that will be saved into the animation preset. Twirl open a layer on the timeline to expose its properties. If you wish to save transparency and scale without saving position and rotation, click on transparency to select it (it will highlight), then Ctrl/Cmd+click on the other properties you also wish to save, then save your animation preset.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2015 at 8:38:11 pm

Wow Walter, you really are a mad scientist!

I truly appreciate your clarification. Going to give this a whirl over the next couple of days.

Thanks again dear sir.

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]