ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer VFX, Objective: apply motion to target (any way to preserve the masks)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan LestaWarp Stabilizer VFX, Objective: apply motion to target (any way to preserve the masks)
by on Nov 29, 2015 at 9:51:06 pm

Hi!

I'm working in a project in which I want to sync the unstable camera movement of the camera to an object, and obviously integrate it.
The " apply motion to target" in VFX stabilizer seems to be perfect if you work with text layers, but if you want to sync a layer with a mask and some effects, the masks and effects are lost (even the position and rotation parameters) when you select the layer on the "Target layer".

There is any way to preserve the masks, effects and transformations in the targeted layer? Moreover, where the hell is going the layer? because turning off the original is needed, and after this you will never have control over this object.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong... please help me.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX, Objective: apply motion to target (any way to preserve the masks)
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:24:43 am

Prerender the stabilized layer, THEN apply effects & such to the new layer. Life gets better.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Juan LestaRe: Warp Stabilizer VFX, Objective: apply motion to target (any way to preserve the masks)
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 8:50:37 am

Hi Dave! Thanks for your help.

What do you mean with Prerender? perhaps render the layer as an uncompressed clip and import it into my composition? and then apply my new layer ?¿

Juan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]