ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yass NissayAfter effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 10:53:12 pm

Hi everybody !

I am new to this forum, I'm getting into basic animation videos to create audio visualiser (playlist for youtube), I use maybe 3 or 4 effects maximum but as soon as I try to render my final project it keep crashing..

I've put 500gb of allocation to the disk cache (USB 3.0 Harddrive), made custom settings to choose the best option for "low RAM pc" (Quicktime, animation or H.264), 48 KHZ 16 Bits, but nothing helps... Please can someone help me???

Thank you all in advance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 7:30:49 pm

First, give us the PRECISE versions of AE & OS you're running right down to the last decimal point.
Next, tell exactly what you're doing to make this visualizer -- effects, expressions, etc.
Then, if you're using compressed audio like mp3, don't! It makes AE behave funny. Convert compressed audio to wav or aiff.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yass NissayRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 7:44:38 pm

Thank you for your fast reply !

My Macbook

Macbook pro retina 2013 : 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory : 4 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics : IntelĀ Iris 1536 Mo

I'm using After Effects CC2014, so I'm creating a playlist channel with a lot of music on a simple background & my logo popping according to the music (shakes with the kicks, etc)

I'm using for this, 2 effects : SoundKeys and Twitch, I automate the twitch so it's "attached" to Soundkeys, itself "attached" to the music. Nothing else ! I don't know if these effects use so much memory...

I use a total of 4 compositions (Song, Visual, Soundkeys and Final)
1) the "Song" composition is placed in the Visual composition
2) The "Song" and "Visual" compositions are in "Soundkeys" composition
3) "Soundkeys" composition in "Final" composition

Then I use the "Final" composition to start the rendering, and after 20sec (when the first kick of the song comes with the twitch effect), it instantly crashes, it's highly frustrative because it's my very last step !!

I actually use a mp3 ! Good to hear, I'll do it with wav. compressed music

I'm waiting for your reply, thanks again I really appreciate it

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 2:55:00 am

I'm glad to hear you're changing mp3's. If that helps, great. If not, we still don't know your precise AE & OS versions, so we would be stuck.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Yass NissayRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 11:15:35 am

Oh sorry !

My OS is "El Capitan" 10.11.1 last uptade if I'm not mistaken
with After Effects CC2014 Version 13.0.0.214

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 29, 2015 at 8:47:38 pm

El Capitan may be part of the issue as well. Unless there's an news update I am unaware of, Adobe has advised against using their software on El Capitan for now.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 29, 2015 at 10:06:14 pm

oh f*ck... Would it be efficient if I manage to downgrade my OS you think?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 3:35:30 pm

I find out that without the "twitch" effect, the rendering is working so I guess the effect is causing those errors...

Is there a solution if I REALLY want to use that twitch effect? because my video is all about that "shake" effect

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 4:51:15 pm

Is there a reason you aren't using the latest version of CC 2014? I certainly understand not using CC 2015, but you should at least update CC 2014!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:11:13 pm

That's a good question.. I am really not a master in graphism so I don't really know the differences between the exact versions of CC2014...

But guess what ! I installed CC2015 and it works perfectly fine !!! I still don't understand how 6min of videos can weight up to 5Gb for so few effects used, but at least it works !! I'm finally breathing

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Now I'm looking forward to other threads concerning After effects to get better at this software

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After effect CC14 keep crashing during render (with low parameters)
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 5:23:33 pm

[Yass Nissay] "I still don't understand how 6min of videos can weight up to 5Gb for so few effects used,"

Even if you used no effects, it would still be huge. Uncompressed video is massive compared to highly compressed formats like H.264.
See this page: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381

And, if you're new to AE, this is the best place to start: http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2015 at 11:15:55 am

Thank you for the links, I got to figure out how to render "smaller" sized videos

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2015 at 12:58:59 pm

Video compression is an art unto itself sometimes! (Or you could just use the YouTube presets in the Adobe Media Encoder ;) )

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]