ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to fix lighting issue with subject on keyed footage? Any experts out there?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
albert trevino
How to fix lighting issue with subject on keyed footage? Any experts out there?
on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:33:25 am

Been working on keying and color correction of 31 filmed subjects. Each subject is in an interview type setting speaking into the camera. They are to appear as if they are in a very dark room. Right now working on the finalizing the keying and color correction settings to apply to all the footage being used. We came across one subject we shot that shows like she has a light coming directly above her and kinda behind her.

I'm including a shot of one that looks right and the one we have issue with.

Good one:

One with issue:

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: How to fix lighting issue with subject on keyed footage? Any experts out there?
on Nov 26, 2015 at 9:23:20 am

You can try to duplicate the layer of the keyed footage with the lady with the hair light. On the top one apply a shrink matte filter and color correct the bottom one using Curves or Levels to darken the edges. Feather edge on the top layer to blend in with the bottom.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to fix lighting issue with subject on keyed footage? Any experts out there?
on Nov 27, 2015 at 7:12:17 pm

Actually, the one with the issue looks better than the other; I'm talking about the lighter-haired subject, with the back light. It separates the subject from the background.
I'm in the dark about the ultimate look of your completed shot, but if it involves several subjects on the screen, you'll have a much better look with subjects thar have a nice back light.

I think you just have to get tid of spill in the hair. A little spill suppression should do the trick.
Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]