ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects and Premiere workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
After Effects and Premiere workflow?
on Nov 25, 2015 at 8:28:30 pm

I don't know if THIs is the right board to ask this question or if I should be asking in the Premiere board.

Anyways I was working in Premiere and Ive made use of the Dynamic Link as in: I've sent a clip I've had in premiere to AE and then I've did stuff with it in AE, saved it, I had my AE Comp inside Premiere. VERY NICE.

Now here is the problem: It was something VERY simple but rendering inside PREMIERE literally took ages so I gave up on it. I would select my area with my composition (in / out) inside Premiere and then I've told Premiere to render the effects in the selected range (there are TWO options for rendering. Render Effects in Range or Render Rage or something like that. I forgot the exact wording. Which one is correct?) and it would tell me it would take like 1 hour. I've waited for 20 minutes and it seriously seemed like it would take so long.
Very annoying. So I just rendered my comps from AE and imported those into Premiere and it would only take 1 minute to render those (1920X1080 Apple Pro Res 422 HD, 5 seconds).

So what's the problem here? I am using OSX. Most of the time my AE comps could NOT be played back inside Premiere, very frustrating. Sometimes it would work again when I've switched into AE and scrubbed around with my playhead and went back into Premiere. It seemed as if OSX would set AE to idle while I am inside Premiere but maybe I am just making this up and none of this is true.

Anyways why doesn't it work just smoothly inside Premiere like it should? Yes I am using the latest versions of AE and Premiere.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: After Effects and Premiere workflow?
on Nov 26, 2015 at 2:55:45 pm

What effects did you apply to your clip in AE?

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Nov 26, 2015 at 10:00:54 pm

It's just some very simple masking. So I have the original footage and a X blows up which is a mask that shows some still picture inside the mask. That's all. No rocket science.
Some other parts are tracking with a Null Object where I put Xs (text object) at certain points.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 28, 2015 at 3:03:46 am

An X on the screen means you're using a tryout version of an effect. You need to buy it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on Nov 29, 2015 at 9:57:03 am

You didn't really understand what I was saying there. Maybe I should have been way more brief. Here let me repeat myself again and then I will explain myself: " So I have the original footage and a X blows up which is a mask"
I have created a TEXT object and that text is just an X. I might have used a + or an O but no I have used an X. The X is a MASK.
That is all. So no I am not using any trail version. Got an Adobe Creative Cloud license.
Basically what I have meant to say: It is very simple masking and nothing fancy at all so it shouldn't take a long while to render. I am also displaying single images (text object which is an X) which show up for a few frames.

Return to posts index

Paul Esteves
on Nov 28, 2015 at 10:14:32 pm

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "smoothly?" Sounds like everything is running smoothly, just taking time. Depending on your setup, this is part of the game. If you've rendered out a video from AE and then brought it into Premiere, obviously it'll load a lot quicker as it no longer needs to calculate effects of any kinds, its just playing the video.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]