ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Center Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CabralCenter Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:22:09 pm

I've been using after effects cc since it's release in 2013, and haven't updated it for the past year. Last week, I finally did the latest bug fix update, but when I entered my after effects, all my layout settings were all reset to normal. I was fine with this, but today I just realized that the option under Layer > Transform > Center Anchor Point in Layer Content was missing. I've always relied on that setting for the past 2 years, and now it seems to be just gone. Anyone else experience this problem? Any suggest fixes? Any viable alternatives? Updating to the latest cc 2014 or 2015 is not an option.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Center Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 6:00:51 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 25, 2015 at 6:10:57 pm

Um, what version number does it say when you look at "About After Effects" under the AE Help dropdown?

I think you may have accidentally updated to AE CC 2015, and thanks to those unparalelled geniuses at Adobe, AE CC 2015 actually DELETES previous versions! Now isn't that just the epitome of stupid? But it's true!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Center Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 7:05:11 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "I think you may have accidentally updated to AE CC 2015"

Center Anchor Point in Layer Content is still in Ae CC 2015, in exactly the same spot as it was in CC and CC 2014. Not everything that goes wrong should be blamed on CC 2015.

[Michael Cabral] "Last week, I finally did the latest bug fix update, but when I entered my after effects, all my layout settings were all reset to normal. I was fine with this, but today I just realized that the option under Layer > Transform > Center Anchor Point in Layer Content was missing."

Are you absolutely sure you're in Ae CC v12.1 or higher?

The shortcut for this feature is Ctrl+Alt+Home (PC) and Cmd+Opt+Home (Mac). Does that work?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Michael CabralRe: Center Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 2:56:08 am

Yes, I'm sure I'm using After Effects v12.1 or higher. Before I did the bug fix update, I was able to use "Ctrl+Alt+Home" perfectly fine, and had that option in my "layer > transform" drop down. In reality, I guess this is not a major problem. I have recently just been using "y+ctrl", and have been able to snap the anchor point to the center of a layer. I guess my only fix will be updating to CC 2015, which I have been putting off for far too long (due to updating plugins, etc.) Thanks for your responses.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Center Anchor Point in Layer Content Missing in Lates AE CC Update
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 2:16:55 pm

[Michael Cabral] "Yes, I'm sure I'm using After Effects v12.1 or higher. Before I did the bug fix update, I was able to use "Ctrl+Alt+Home" perfectly fine, and had that option in my "layer > transform" drop down. In reality, I guess this is not a major problem."

I would categorize a patch that sneakily removes a feature as a major problem! What exact version number are you running?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]