ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When viewing an alpha track matte in RGB the result is different from viewing the footage with matte applied in RGB

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Semeon FadeyevWhen viewing an alpha track matte in RGB the result is different from viewing the footage with matte applied in RGB
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 12:25:15 am

Hello all!
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone here for giving great answers, this forum is an excellent resource.
I have been lurking around here for a while without posting and most of the time have been able to find answers to my (rather newbie) questions by searching.

Alas, not today. A question is driving me crazy, probably it's due to lack of complete understanding of alpha tracking mattes, so maybe someone could enlighten me? :)

So, here goes, the question:
- I have a layer with a Keylight effect applied to it, which I'm applying to my footage. When viewed in RGB, the footage with the applied matte looks somewhat different than the layer with the track matte.

- why is this happening? I assume it's just how alpha is designed to work, but can not wrap my head around it

- and more importantly, how would I tweak my alpha matte layer so that I can get the same result in RGB on the footage, as when viewing the track matte layer in RGB?

- Here are the screenshots. The one with the softer gradient is the track matte, the other is original with matte applied
http://i.imgur.com/kCEmQSG.png
http://i.imgur.com/z361z8E.png

Would appreciate any help on this. I have spent a while tweaking the tracking matte and in this case precision is important, since I'm trying to key some rather difficult out of focus edges. I'm now completely stuck trying to get the final result. I can not just use the RGB channels of the layer, because I have multiple keys and will need to pre-comp them, also because of the extra noise keylight generates.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: When viewing an alpha track matte in RGB the result is different from viewing the footage with matte applied in RGB
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:34:24 am

Use Intermediate Result in Keylight instead of Final Result.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]