ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE 2015 on new iMac 27"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil WieteskaAE 2015 on new iMac 27"
by on Nov 23, 2015 at 10:18:27 am

Just purchased a new iMac 27" Retina 5K, i7 4GHz, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB running OS X 10.10.5.

Installed CC2015 and running AE2015.0.1

I'm using a workflow I've done for years and having issues with this new release. I make a folder that has a photoshop document (could be quite large, 8000 x 8000 pixels, could be bigger, could be smaller) and make a HD 1920 x 1080 composition. Layer 1 is single node camera. Layer 2 is the PSD, set as a 3D layer. Set up a camera move and queue composition.

I then duplicate the folder(the folder name increments, which is what I want) , rename the comp, delete the now duplicate PSD, drag an already imported PSD in to the new folder and replace the PSD in the now renamed duplicate composition.

Usually, all ok at this point. I then repeat the process, and now problems start. Firstly, in the duplicate comp, without doing anything, the screen is blank - the PSD doesn't show. If I switch off the camera and drag the new PSD in to the comp nothing shows - black screen. I delete the camera, make a new camera, make the PSD 3D, still nothing. Sometimes I get a crash when I drag the new PSD in to the duplicated folder, sometimes I get a crash when I delete the PSD layer.

I've tried making a new comp., but even this doesn't display anything.

Again, I stress I've been doing this for years. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Neil W

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE 2015 on new iMac 27"
by on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:01:50 pm

Yeah, don't use CC 2015, which is either a nightmare or a train wreck for many, many AE users; choose your preferred metaphor. Instead, get CC 2014, make sure it's all updated, and have at it as you have in years past.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Neil WieteskaRe: AE 2015 on new iMac 27"
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:43:56 am

Yes, Dave.
As I said, this is a work flow I've used for years; silly me to expect continuing functionality in a new release.
I've delayed jumping to CC2015 for that very reason, though given it is now the tail end of 2015, thought I might be safe.

Regards, Neil W

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved