ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cinema 4D path into After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey ParkCinema 4D path into After Effects?
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 9:47:34 am

Hi, I'm trying to create an object in After Effects to follow a spline path which I've made in Cinema 4D, and I don't know how I can make my object to follow my spline path. I've tried to make my path in AE but I can't get it to the way I want it... So I made my path through C4D which was way easier, simpler and more accurate but I just can't seem to get the path into AE and make my object to follow the path.... I've tried searching how I can do so everywhere but I can't seem to find a solution.

For more info:
The effect which I'm trying to achieve basically looks like particles following a helix path which the height of the helix is shrinking as it goes along the path. It basically looks like a tornado, getting smaller as it goes along.

I'm new to this website and I'm sorry for my bad English!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Cinema 4D path into After Effects?
by on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:39:53 pm

In C4D, put an External Compositing tag on a null object that follows the path you've created. Then save extract your scene information in AE. Boom. Motion path. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved