ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Eliminating double/triple framing with 26.973 fps footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keven KlayneEliminating double/triple framing with 26.973 fps footage?
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 3:32:43 am

So I'm working with this footage I got from Youtube. 720p 26,973 frames per second. I noticed while scrolling through it that some frames are repeating themselves(even though the comp is set to 26,973 fps). When playing the video, it would get laggy. I foolishly tried to eliminate those exceding frames by splitting the video where frames were doubling and trimming then. It didn't work and when I played the video again, it was all skippy instead of flowing naturally. What should I do? I have to make this video work with standard 29.97 fps footage.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Eliminating double/triple framing with 26.973 fps footage?
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 3:47:07 pm

First off, it's 23.976, not 23.973. You may think that's just hair-splitting but those tiny fractions of a frame screw up an otherwise fine render.

Second, if your seeing a 3-2-3-2 frame pattern in a comp when stepping through your comp it's not a 29.97 comp, it's a 59.94 comp and it's perfectly normal. It's how 3:2 pulldown is accomished at 59.94, and it's a lot more straightforward than 3:2 pulldown in a 29.97 comp.
Third thing, if you have to deliver a 29.97 file, why are you working with 23.976 footage in a 59.94 comp? Please describe your project so we can get this whole thing figured out and you can proceed confidently.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved