ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adriano CastaldiniPer Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 4:50:03 pm

Hi guys,
I'm searching for advices to obtain a Breaking the Waves chapters like effect. Which is the techniques in your opinion? Rotoscoping? Which software could now do the job? After Effects? Studio Artist? Photoshop? Davinci?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 8:30:50 pm

Is it possible to see what the effect looks like? It's been years since I've seen the film and I imagine a lot of people here have never seen it.

Return to posts index

Adriano CastaldiniRe: Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 10:16:17 pm

yes:

and
http://zepfanman.com/2013/08/kirkeby-panoramas-in-von-trier-breaking-the-wa...

Thanks

Return to posts index

Benjamin ParkerRe: Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 19, 2015 at 11:43:03 pm

Could you outline which effect your trying to create?

"I believe our adventure through time has taken a most serious turn."

Return to posts index

Adriano CastaldiniRe: Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 11:15:59 am

Well, I like all the chapters and I'd like to learn how to emulate all their techniques.
Mainly I'd like to begin with cha.4 (1'40");
then with cha.2&6 that seem to be pretty similar (30" and 2'50");
and then with cha.3&7 (1'10" and 3'30").
It seems to me that all chapters are based on heavy color grading + compositing (but in chapter 4 I think rotoscoping is also used). Perhaps it's possible to do the entire job with AE, or probably it's better to saparate the job: Davinci, Studio Artist for rotoscoping (or Photoshop?) and After Effects.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Benjamin ParkerRe: Per Kirkeby's Breaking the Waves chapters' technique tutorial?
by on Nov 20, 2015 at 1:30:45 pm

Well its all a bit varied and I am probably not telling you anything you don't know, it also depends on what your source is but I imagine that you want to isolate one moving object within a scene while leaving the rest still, so I would imagine that masks and mattes are your friends here.

"I believe our adventure through time has taken a most serious turn."

Return to posts index

by on Nov 20, 2015 at 4:27:39 pm

Yes, I agree with you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]