ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Christmas effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Christmas effect
on Nov 19, 2015 at 12:07:39 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a spot with a host talking in the camera in a christmas setting. I would like to introduce some graphic elements while she is talking and I would like to introduce the elements in a christmas-ish way. I though of fairy / pixie dust as an alternative. Any other good ideas?

Any way to create this fairy tale dust transition into an graphic element effect in After effects?

Thanks,
Stig

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Christmas effect
on Nov 19, 2015 at 1:45:02 pm

If you have trapcode form, here's one method that you could modify:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 19, 2015 at 1:57:52 pm

Another effect that can be used to create "Xmas" is the Vegas effect, haven't found too many tutorials, but Andrew Kramer does use it in this video.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 19, 2015 at 3:46:20 pm

Stig -

Another idea (which I've used several times over the years) is to grab (a photo) or create a string of lights as a frame or pattern, then use colored lens flares to make them glow, or flash on and off, depending on how kitschy you want to get with it.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]