ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Third Party Plugin display issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin ParkerThird Party Plugin display issue
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 12:54:06 pm

hi guys I have been trawling the forums for this issue but I just cant be using the right set of words.

When I use a third party Plugin with uipanel the UI gets all screwed and does not resize properly and the drop down dialogues get Cropped (below)

Below here are images of duik, when the panel is small I can see the icons on the top right but the rest of the panel is cropped strangly but when I resize I loose these icons entirely.

This issue exist across nearly all of my Third party plugins. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

"I believe our adventure through time has taken a most serious turn."

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Third Party Plugin display issue
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 1:55:16 pm

Starting in Ae CC, ScriptUI now uses the same controls as the main application. If you are running the latest version of all your scripts and are still seeing UI issues, you can force the script to use the old controls by clicking the panel menu (hamburger menu) and choosing "Use legacy UI."

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Benjamin ParkerRe: Third Party Plugin display issue
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:11:51 pm

Hi walter thank you for responding,this has been occurring with the latest versions of of all third party plugins with UI. Unfortunately the "Use legacy UI" Seems to change the styling but not the issue. Any further thoughts?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 3:31:32 pm

Anybody got any Idea? This is killing me.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Third Party Plugin display issue
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:00:03 pm

It's a sad commentary on the current state of After Effects, but I recommend forgetting about the use of AE CC 2015 and just using AE CC 2014. There are just too many things wrong with the current version.

Adobe says a big bug fix is coming soon. However, given Adobe's recent track record on bug fixes, I would wait until someone else finds the bugs the anticipated fix misses... or even the NEW bugs it creates.
Now, if you happen to have enough knowledge to ace the placement exam for IT Guy, get the upcoming bug fix. You might be able to overcome its potential and probable shortcomings.
If you're just a user like me, I say bide your time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:15:54 pm

Hi Dave, its a pleasure you have no idea how many times you have got me out of a sticky situation over the years.

Unfortunately, this is occurring in cc 2014 not 2015, I do however have 2015 installed (but unused) Could this be causing the issue? Re there any common files shared between the two versions which could be Throwing this up? I will uninstall 15 on the off chance.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:03:55 pm

What version of Ae? What is your display?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:21:27 pm

cc 2014

My display drivers are a intel HD graphics 4600 and a nividia geforce GTX 860M and my monitor is a ASUS Proart.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 7:46:13 pm

[Benjamin Parker] "cc 2014. My display drivers are a intel HD graphics 4600 and a nividia geforce GTX 860M and my monitor is a ASUS Proart."

Is that a 4K display?

Ae added new support for high-DPI displays in CC 2014.1 (Ae 13.1) -- but there have been two releases since then (13.1.1 and 13.2). What exact version are you running?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:09:04 pm

Hi Walter no it Just 1080, it seems to be a version issue as it only occurs in cc2014 when it is updated to version 13.2.0.49, strangely my co workers run the same version but don't suffer this issue, I can only surmise that it may be down to my graphic drivers.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 20, 2015 at 10:59:00 am

[Benjamin Parker] "the base install of 2014 worked perfectly, unfortunately when I updated it to the latest version (13.2.0.49) the issue occurred."

High DPI support was added in 13.1, so if that's in fact the problem, this makes sense.

You are running Windows, right? Have you changed your text size to something other than 100% on the system? Tap the Windows key and type "make text and other items larger or smaller" -- then open the control panel that comes up in the search results to check.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Nov 20, 2015 at 11:44:24 am

Walter you are a legend! after all that it was as simple as a click of a button and a restart. Thank you

Return to posts index

by on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:52:05 pm

Well I Uninstalled 2015 but to no avail

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Third Party Plugin display issue
by on Nov 18, 2015 at 5:03:00 pm

Have you trashed AE Preferences? There's combination of keys you hold down as you start the application that accomplishes this. Sadly, I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:05:31 pm

Hi Dave I will give that a try. I have uninstalled both after effects now and reinstalled cc 2014. the base install of 2014 worked perfectly, unfortunately when I updated it to the latest version (13.2.0.49) the issue occurred. This is weird as my boss has exactly the same version but does not suffer with this issue. I would stay with the earlier version of 2014 but unfortunately I have other projects which due to Cineware require the more recent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]