ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Color-Blindness challenge!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naor BaloriColor-Blindness challenge!
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 2:40:46 pm

Hey everybody, new here.
my name is Naor and i'm colorblind - i have Protanopia (that means, basicly, that i see colors - just not all of them).
now, i've been thinking about how can i show everybody the exect way i see colors, and to do that in After Effects i'm thinking i'm gonna need to create some sort of a filter, or an Adjusment layer - wich i can put over my source footage and it will sort of - color correct (color reduct?) it to the proper way i see is.

problem is - if it will only reduct the colors i cannot see, i will not see any diffrence and won't know if it works.
second problem - i guess i'm gonna have to replace a lot of colors by diffrent colors and iv'e even tried that manually but... no luck.

to do this i pulled from the internet two exemples of the color spectroms, wich i see and don't - you'll see.
anyway - any thoughts how to achive that, friends?

thank you!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Color-Blindness challenge!
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 6:28:23 pm

The viewer lets you look individual color channels in grayscale. Press Alt+1 for Red, Alt+2 for Blue, Alt+3 for Green, or Alt+4 for alpha. You can also select which channel is shown from the icon with three colored circles, right next to the resolution on the viewer's toolbar. You could use these to verify that adjustments are being made, even if you can't see them.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Color-Blindness challenge!
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 7:34:14 pm

You should try to keep it simple and replace colors with a single effect, such as I did in this example (using colorama).

But as Walter said, you should change colors by their numbers and not from what your percieve them to be (I've only looked at the images you provided, I have no prior knowlage of your condition)

Also I'm not sure by those images how you see bright/darks. So that may require further adjustments.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Color-Blindness challenge!
by on Nov 17, 2015 at 12:31:41 am

i think viewing the different color channel is a great way for you to try to visually match up the colors you see to the 'normal' spectrum.

an effect i would try using to modify the colors is the hue/saturations effect.

you can use the channel control to try and isolate various color groups (reds, yellows, greens, etc.) and then modify the hue, saturation and lightness of that group.

you can also adjust how wide or narrow the group is with the little handles bellow the color range graph.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved