ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Question about technique used by Michel Gondry used in 'come into my world'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas HendriksonQuestion about technique used by Michel Gondry used in 'come into my world'
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 12:03:13 pm

Hi there,

In the music video for Come into my world (Kylie Minogue) Michel Gondry managed to multiply several Kylie's in one video:

Here's the making of:

He explains how he used motion control to shoot it but how did they manage in post FX to have all those shots combined? I tried playing around in AE putting layers on top of each other and change the blending mode to ' darken', which seems to create that effect somehow. But since im not sure I'm wondering if there Is that could explain me this? I am trying to recreate something similar for the school im studying at.

Best,
Thomas

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Question about technique used by Michel Gondry used in 'come into my world'
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 12:16:07 pm

[Thomas Hendrikson] "He explains how he used motion control to shoot it but how did they manage in post FX to have all those shots combined? "

Difference matte with a clean plate. Basically you're comparing the passes you've shot with a clean plate that doesn't have anything extra in it and adds the difference. You need to keep the lighting identical and it'll probably need some cleaning up because difference mattes aren't usually one-click deals.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]