ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam LewenA simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 3:13:15 pm

Hi!
I am looking for a very simple (I believe) solution.
Trying to mess with the audio spectrum as I post...
I am trying to simply have dotted audio levels (kind of like the audio spectrum)
Kind of like this example...

Any tips for a solution will be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: A simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 3:58:52 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Nov 15, 2015 at 3:59:10 pm

You can turn the "digital" bars into spheres with CC Ball Action. The tapering size is a trickier matter.

Return to posts index

Adam LewenRe: A simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)
by on Nov 15, 2015 at 4:22:29 pm

Kalle
Thanks! Great simple trick there.
True about the tapering size...
But thanks!
Adam.

Return to posts index

Adam LewenRe: A simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 5:04:47 am

If anyone has thoughts regarding the tapered dots please let me know. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: A simple way of achieving Audio Spectrum like dots to visualize audio? (example)
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 8:09:40 am

I don't know of any easy ways to accomplish this in AE, as the dot sizes depend on the individual band heights, but here is one attempt. You need to add an audio layer and link it to the audio spectrum and adjust the effect height. (AE CC2014.)

9458_audiospectrumdots.aep.zip

Looks like this

Return to posts index

by on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:05:29 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:15:42 am

I just realized how you could do this easier:

Use several copies of the Audio Spectrum + Ball Actions with the audio Spectrum height set to different values, higher for smaller dots and lower for larger dots. 5 copies might be enough.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 16, 2015 at 2:28:30 pm

Kalle This is incredible! thank you so much for the time in making and sending this example!
I am speechless.
And the second thought is something I played with as well.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]