ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

White Flash when exporting mp4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alp FellowsWhite Flash when exporting mp4
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 2:58:41 pm

Hello,
I am exporting a 20 second video from AE CC 2015 to be used in Flash Pro CC. I am exporting the video as a mp4. When I import the video into Flash (load external video with playback component), everything work fine, but I get a WHITE FRAME at the beginning of the video. I can't get rid of this frame! Help, and thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: White Flash when exporting mp4
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 4:43:18 pm

AE CC 2015 is a train wreck of an application. You're on the cloud, so get AE CC 2014, which is much, much less buggy. You can have both on your machine.

Do your rendering from AE CC 2014. And don't make mp4's directly out of AE. Make a lossless file, and then use Adobe Media Encoder to make the mp4.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alp FellowsRe: White Flash when exporting mp4
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 6:57:08 pm

Hi Dave,
I just did all that, and it gives me a few white frames just before the video starts. I've been importing FLV files in Flash for a long time, and I never had this problem. Now, with the FLV being discontinued, I'm having lots of trouble importing a simple video file in Flash.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Alp FellowsRe: White Flash when exporting mp4
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 7:59:09 pm

This person seems to have the same problem, but hasn't found a solution: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1935875

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: White Flash when exporting mp4
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 8:13:08 pm

You may have to use a workaround. You could try adding an extra frame at the beginning of your AE comp, then trimming it off in Flash.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]