ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Visualise waveform from mp3/wav ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bas v BreugelVisualise waveform from mp3/wav ?
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 2:50:13 pm
Last Edited By Bas v Breugel on Nov 13, 2015 at 3:01:45 pm

I would like to visualise the entire length of the wav/mp3 with its waveform.

Like so:

Effects such as Trapcode soundkeys, Audio Spectrum/Waveform shows audio react, or the equiliser at that point in time. But im looking for a 'simple' show the complete wavetrack. No animation, just copying the waveform from a audiofile to a visual.

Cant seem to find an effect which makes this possible? Any suggestions??

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Visualise waveform from mp3/wav ?
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 4:30:58 pm

I don't know of any plugin that would even show the entire waveform. However, I do have a possible solution.

In your AE timeline, select your audio layer and press LL to reveal the waveform. (Or open it in Audition if you want a couple different options for how it should look.)
Do a screen grab (Print Screen button on the PC, I think cmd+shift+f4 on the Mac, but I forget - do a Google search). Bring that image into Photoshop and crop it, color it, etc., and save it. Then you can import that Photoshop file into AE. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Visualise waveform from mp3/wav ?
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 8:25:46 pm

Stay away from mp3'as when working in AE.

And may I assume that you're aware that every application has a different way of displaying an audio waveform? This makes it difficult to know precisely what you want to see when all is said and done.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved