ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quadro M3000M or Nvidia GTX970m

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henk HendriksenQuadro M3000M or Nvidia GTX970m
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 10:11:04 am

Quadro M3000M or GeForce GTX 970m

Who can help me on my journey for the right graphics card for a laptop?
Right now, I’ve got a laptop with an i7 3.4 ghz quadcore, 36 GB RAM and a GTX 970 Graphics card with 6 GB memory. I have the possibility to swap the graphics card for a quadro M3000M.
The Quadro M3000M is not yet available in Europe, so can’t test the difference yet.
I use this laptop for video editing in Premiere CC2015 and After effects CC2015 etc.

The GPU Acceleration in Premiere works with this system, but the rendering of isn’t as fast as I had hoped it would be. Does anyone know if a Quadro M3000M would be faster? And if so, how much of a difference does it make? Seconds or minutes.
Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Quadro M3000M or Nvidia GTX970m
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 1:00:51 pm

I would go for the GTX 970m, no reason for the Quadro. Better get fast SSD drives than spend the extra on the Quadro.

Good resources:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Quadro M3000M or Nvidia GTX970m
by on Nov 13, 2015 at 4:27:58 pm

And, unless you're using the obsolete ray-traced renderer, the GPU doesn't matter much for stock AE.

But, yes, I agree with Ted. Quadro cards are not worth the money in Premiere or AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved