ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking points on one video to points on another

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Holly ManningTracking points on one video to points on another
by on Nov 11, 2015 at 4:55:57 pm

I've got two videos, both of the same man talking and gesturing in different ways.
What I want to do is track the head and shoulders of one shot onto the other. Obviously it doesn't match perfectly automatically, the shoulders and tie area being the main problem.
Is there a way of specifying the shoulders and tie on one video then linking each point to the shoulders and tie on the other video?
I've tried a combination of Stabilize Motion, Track Motion and Masking but I can't get it looking good enough.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Tracking points on one video to points on another
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 9:09:48 am

If you're not concerned about rotation, you want to track just one stable point at the neck in both pieces of footage, the tie is probably the best option. For the overlay (new head) footage, use the tracking data to stabilize it around that point, then in the main comp, use the tracking data to move the new head layer around with the body.

Mask close to a natural break point, like right outside the collar, just enough to cover the earlier collar. I'd leave the original shoulders, as they won't match up if the person moves their arms.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Tracking points on one video to points on another
by on Nov 12, 2015 at 1:23:11 pm

RE:Flex [link] from RE:Vision Effects may be helpful for distorting one piece of footage to blend into the other better, too.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]