ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Alternative to a logo storm?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dre MarkAlternative to a logo storm?
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:03:08 pm

This is more of a creative question.

I'm working on a video and the client has requested the standard "logo storm" where lots of logos of all of their customers appear on-screen. I made something basic in AfterEffects and it looks horrible. I think no matter the fancy technique or plug-in, it will still look horrible. So any alternative ideas to just filling the screen with a bunch of logos?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Alternative to a logo storm?
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:12:38 pm

A logo roll like a credit roll at the end of a movie?

Horizontal/Vertical arrays of logos in 3D space, and the camera moves from one array to the other?

Logos arranged in 3D space around the camera, and the camera does a 360-degree pan?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dre MarkRe: Alternative to a logo storm?
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 7:43:51 pm

Great ideas! Thanks!

I just thought of something else -- legally, can they even put other companies logos in their own promotional video?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Alternative to a logo storm?
by on Nov 5, 2015 at 8:18:09 pm

They can if they have permission from the companies to do it. I recently went through this with a corporate client's video. They initailly gave me a list of companies (large, well known companies), and I asked just that question - when they got back to me, the list had been pared down, some companies added, some dropped. All of the companies were clients of the company doing the video, but not all of them wanted to have their logo in the video. The right way to do it is to get permission before you produce it.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved