ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering/projection problems: Animation film for Projection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RussellRendering/projection problems: Animation film for Projection
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 9:33:24 am

I have produced a 43 minute animation (1920 x 1080) in AE. It will be shown in an exhibition projected (using a brightsign media player). The animation is produced from overlapped (animated) image sequences imported from photoshop with minimal AE effects including changes in opacity (fade in and out) and scale.

Rendering: I am rendering the film as QT/ Apple Protec 422 HG/lossless and then using Adobe Media encoder to compress it to work with Brightsign mredia player: 1920x1080, 25fps, Upper bitrate,: CBT, Target 21.00 Mbps, Audio acc, 192kbps, 48KHz, Stereo.

The technicians installing the fim in America are telling me there is the flickering 'that shows the projector not catching up with the frames'. Difficult dealing with this from a distance. Anyone got any advice on rendering specs, and any other advice. I would be VERY grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Rendering/projection problems: Animation film for Projection
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 2:19:06 pm

Have you tried a lower bitrate?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering/projection problems: Animation film for Projection
by on Nov 4, 2015 at 5:52:39 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Nov 4, 2015 at 7:22:56 pm

The Americans may need a 29.97 fps version. I'll bet that's what they're expecting. I recommend contacting them to double-check.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]