ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha Pro removal issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yiannis StravolaimosMocha Pro removal issue
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 2:36:45 am

I am trying to remove a car from a shot. It is a simple shot. I have fully tracked/masked the car. It is a very solid track. I have also tracked the portion of the ground. The car track is always withing the background track. The que of the layers is correct. But when I am trying to remove the car, the car remains as it is. No removal is being done.
Have you face this problem?

I give you the link of a video I uploaded to YouTube so that you can see everything I did. Everything have been done the right way:

1. I masked and tracked the foreground object (a stationary car). The track was very good and solid.
2. I masked and tracked the ground the car is. The track was also very good. The ground was in one plane and it was much larger than the track layer of the car. There is much background information, so it is a very easy situation. The car track layer is always withing the boundaries of the background (ground) track.
3. The track order is correct. Above is the car track layer and below is the ground track layer.
4. When I press the render frame button, the car remains to exist and is not disappearing.
5. It’s like the Remove module is not working.

Watch the video and you will see that everything is correct. I cannot find any fault.
I did a remove render test trying to remove a much smaller area withing the ground layer but still nothing happens.
Any help would be appreciated.

This is the link:

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: Mocha Pro removal issue
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 4:42:07 am

Did you also create a clean plate without the car you want to remove in your clip? You can do it in Photoshop and feed that frame to the remove module. Once you have done this, you should be in good shape!

David Baud
Post & VFX
Denver - Paris

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Tero AhlforsRe: Mocha Pro removal issue
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 4:45:24 am

The remove module requires either a clean plate or a part of the video that doesn't have the car in it. The car stays in the same place so there is no clean background for Mocha to replace it with.

Return to posts index

Yiannis StravolaimosRe: Mocha Pro removal issue
by on Nov 2, 2015 at 11:47:43 am

Yes, I got it. The car is almost stationary and it obscures all the time the area behind it. Thank you very much. I created a clean plate and everything works fine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved