ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text morphing/character changing plugin/preset in a single layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diana ArtichokeText morphing/character changing plugin/preset in a single layer
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 1:40:32 am

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether anyone could suggest a way/expression/plugin/preset to change text characters from one to another. I know you can change the source text with keyframes, but I need them t morph into each other, and that usually involves making different layers. Any chance to do it all in one layer?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Text morphing/character changing plugin/preset in a single layer
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:46:32 am
Last Edited By Ashish Gupta on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:47:01 am

You need to create masks or shapes of the characters you want to morph(you can do that simply by right clicking on the text layer and selecting create shapes from text). Then you have to copy and paste one mask or shape path keyframe at a time,from one character to the other. The process involves a lot of tweaking after this to create smooth motion.

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Text morphing/character changing plugin/preset in a single layer
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:16:17 pm

There isn't a plugin/preset that's going to do it. Truthfully, this is where you earn your bucks, cause depending on the amount of text, it can be a pretty time consuming process.

Google Results "morph text after effects tutorial"

All the tutorials use basically the same concept, this one is pretty good.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]