ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha AE Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Rose
Mocha AE Keyframes
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:14:52 pm

When I track a shot in Mocha AE with the surface tool on, Mocha will mess up and loose what it's supposed to follow. So, I stop the auto-track, adjust as needed, then continue. However when I'm finished, it seems my adjustments mess up everything that went before.
If I create a keyframe at the very end of the shot and make the surface exactly right, than that will mess up the first frame of the shot!!! What gives!!!???????

Adobe CC, Mocha AE, mov video file

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mocha AE Keyframes
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:18:52 pm

Mocha AE is broken in AE CC 2015. It's one of that bug-ridden version's annoying Known Issues. If you can do the work in AE CC 2014, I strongly recommend it.

Adobe says it will have a bug fix "in the fall". I have two things to say to that: don't hold your breath thinking it will be soon, and don't count on every bug being fixed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jake Rose
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:21:03 pm

The problem I am describing in completely within Mocha. This is all happening before I go back to AE...unless this "broken" stuff refers to Mocha AE itself.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:25:39 pm

If you're working in AE CC 2015 with Mocha AE, I wouldn't for reasons enumerated above. I sincerely believe you'll have an easier time of things.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jake Rose
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:40:19 pm

Okay, insert string of expletives here: #*&$^#*&$^)#(&#)(@*

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:47:52 pm

Yeah, you'd think when somebody comes out with a software upgrade it would be better than the last version, not a LOT worse.

Personally, I run AE CS5.5 at home. It's good enough for my needs -- volunteer stuff for non-profits -- and I don't have to pay rent on it. At work, the Home Office mandates that everybody MUST use AE CC 2012.

The woes inflicted by AE CC 2015 are hearsay on my part. I haven't been part of the fun... and blissfully so, I might add.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jake Rose
on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:50:36 pm

Honestly I am making the shot work right now with the track I got, plus using the Mesh Warp in AE to do some minor adjustments.
This was working yesterday...I need to get the shot done and I am not that experienced with Mocha so I'll just make due for now.
I am doing screen replacement on a laptop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]