ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Some problems with mocha and scaling

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin PedrazaSome problems with mocha and scaling
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:17:25 pm

Hi there! Mocha is behaving weirdly, again. I've got a very, very simple track, which works flawlessly in mocha, but when I bring it into AE, the scale is off. It's always a bit bigger, and i've also noticed that some tracks have some movement issues, as if the anchor point was in a weird position.

I think my workflow is correct. My main comp is a HD, 1980p, square pixel comp, and i'm fitting to comp and the precomping the screen to put into the tracked footage. The track works, but something in the scale is off. I can make it work by hand this time, but i've been draggin this error with most of my comps and I don't know what my mistake is. Should I put my anchor point somewhere specific before applying the corner pin data? I'm lost.

I'm uploading a screen to show the error, the blue background is where the screen should fit.

Return to posts index

Martin PedrazaRe: Some problems with mocha and scaling
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 7:27:11 pm

I think i've found the problem. We're using alexa footage, which is 2048x1152 for some reason. Precomping the layer to track is not possible, since mocha won't use that.

The solution i've come up with, is apply the current track to my screen, and then link that to a null, which will have a 93.75 scale, which is exactly the value i used to fit the alexa footage to comp size.

I can also do a light render for tracking purposes, and then use that, but i suspect that is not the proper workflow for doing this. how can I track this 2048x1152 thing and have it apply properly in a 1920x1080 composition?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved