ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

simple thing w/mask shape!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anastasia Antonovasimple thing w/mask shape!
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:23:13 pm

hi all,

i cant find an answer to this on the forums and its really simple but i cant figure it out! i have a mask and i have set a path for it, but i noticed i am missing a part of it and want to edit the shape without adding a keyframe. the simplest example of this is that i want to make a square smaller, but when i go to do that it adds a keyframe and it shrinks down then back up whereas i want it to be small throughout the entire clip. i understand i could just toggle off the mask path but then i would lose all the animated ive already done. please help!

xoxox
stas

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: simple thing w/mask shape!
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:17:44 pm

Very simple -- adjust your mask. You will either modify an existing Mask Path keyframe or create a new one. Without moving the timeline cursor, click the Mask Path stopwatch icon. All the keyframes disappear but the modified mask does not change. Now click on the Mask Path stopwatch icon again to create a new keyframe again.

If do not want the mask to change at all, you don't need a keyframe.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anastasia AntonovaRe: simple thing w/mask shape!
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:27:20 pm

hi dave

what if i would like to change the mask shape but keep my animation? like, i want to make the square smaller but still move around? i'd like a stagnant shape itself that doesnt morph in size or proportions but one that is moving around

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: simple thing w/mask shape!
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 8:09:09 pm

You can animate the Position property. Then it can move and not change size.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]