ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Premiere to Render AE project? Hopelessly confused newbie.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christophe Cuny
Using Premiere to Render AE project? Hopelessly confused newbie.
on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:01:20 pm

Hello,

First post on the Cow so please let me know if I I'm not doing it right.

I have seen loads of discussions on output settings for AE and the loss of the H.264 in AE, but I am still very confused. Here is what I am trying to do.

Basic Issue: I have a short AE project (Logo opener) and confused by the output formats on offer in AE CC, I rendered to lossless AVI. It's about 4 seconds long but the AVI render is over 2GB for 1920x1080. Since I really don't master rendering from AE and I do not have or understand Adobe Media Encoder but have access to Premiere CC, I has this bright idea that I could use Premiere to render the AE project.

What I managed to do was not quite that: I took the huge AVI file into Premiere and exported it to a variety of formats to try it out. I do get excellent and surprisingly quick results with mp4 and WMV. What I have not managed to do - which I think is possible - is to take the aep 5I manage to get it into Premiere no problem) and render from it in Premiere without the intermediate step of rendering this huge AVI file from AE.

Do I need to render the project at least to RAM in AE or can the project be rendered all in Premiere without and prior preview or tweak in AE?

Would you please let me know if the above is possible, first, and if so, what the best workflow is? By all means point me in the direction of previous posts but please bear in mind that I am a newbie and the posts I have read so far have been a bit above my head.

Thanks a lot.

Chris

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Using Premiere to Render AE project? Hopelessly confused newbie.
on Oct 28, 2015 at 8:55:31 am

Go on the adobe site and read about rendering from AE or using Adobe Media Encoder. It's quite straight forward.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Christophe Cuny
Re: Using Premiere to Render AE project? Hopelessly confused newbie.
on Oct 28, 2015 at 9:07:07 am

I don't have access to Encoder as yet, as I wrote earlier, and it with Premiere directly I need to render. But I will read up for when they provide me with Encoder.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]