ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't Access Optical Flares Presets In AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean lloydCan't Access Optical Flares Presets In AE
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 6:56:59 am

Hi Guys,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I can't seem to solve it. I guess others have had this issue, but the only thing I've found was a PC quick tutorial on solving this and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac. I have tried several versions of placing the presets and textures in different folders, preset and pluggin, next to the license, but nothing seems to be working. I get all the basic flares and never even actually realized that there were a bunch of other cool presets. Now, I'm working on a space scene and they would come in really handy. I'm hoping someone might have a Mac and tell me where they need to go, and or just shoot me a screenshot of the finder, so I can see how it's set up. Thanks in advance. Cheers...Ian

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can't Access Optical Flares Presets In AE
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 3:40:31 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 27, 2015 at 4:13:01 pm

Did you buy the Optical Flares plugin from Videocopilot and install it properly.... AND is it the correct version for your version of AE?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sean lloydRe: Can't Access Optical Flares Presets In AE
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 4:49:08 am

Yes. I think it's installed properly and it is for CS6

Return to posts index

sean lloydRe: Can't Access Optical Flares Presets In AE
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 5:24:32 am

I figured it out. Had things in the wrong place. Kind of surprised it worked at all. Found a tutorial online by Kramer. https://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/installation/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]