ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher KhouriHow to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 7:56:19 pm

Hi how do i take out a background of a moving person and put the person in another background. Here is a video example.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 11:37:44 pm

Chroma keying! Read up on the proper lighting techniques, use a good camera and get to know Keylight in AE. Know that Keylight likes its chroma key backgrounds a little bit on the dark side.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christopher KhouriRe: How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 25, 2015 at 11:42:19 pm

Hmm still dont know what to do cause i wanna take out a background out of a another video and i know what chroma keying is and i thought you could only do that on green screen.

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 2:11:11 pm

You would need to use rotoscoping to separate the actor from the background in an already existing video which was not done using green/blue screen. I think Dave assumed that you were starting from scratch.

Return to posts index

Nathan WaltersRe: How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 26, 2015 at 3:07:06 pm

Good question. For something like those Drake vines, it seems like it could be difficult, as his clothes and skin are taking on the same lighting colors as the background.

The answer is having to rotoscope him out. I would probably try After Effects' rotobrush tool.

Also, props to whoever took the time to roto out Drake for those hilarious spoof videos. Unfortunately, I don't think there was an easy and quick way to do it. But if so, I'd like to know as well!

Nathan Walters
Halo Union Productions
http://www.HaloUnion.com

Return to posts index

Christopher KhouriRe: How to take out a background in a video of a moving person and put the person in a other background.
by on Oct 27, 2015 at 4:23:39 pm

Thank you!!!! I just did a green screen footage of him dancing so you people dont need waste your time rotoscoping him. Here it is.

Christopher K / 15 years old

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]