ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing Compositions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Watkins
Importing Compositions
on Oct 25, 2015 at 12:12:09 am

Is there a way to import a fully completed composition from one AE project into another? I somehow remember having done it once, but now have the sinking feeling that I created my new composition by starting it in the older project then saved it under a new name. In the present case, this won't work. I've already completed the new composition and need to import the old composition as a part of it.

Importing the old project doesn't work, since it merely brings in the footage from that project as a composition without importing the other compositions in that old project as well, which is what I need.

Thanks in advance to all you brilliant and talented minds!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Importing Compositions
on Oct 25, 2015 at 2:36:34 am

You don't import the composition, you import the PROJECT.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff Watkins
on Oct 25, 2015 at 3:35:39 pm

Thanks for the reply! When I use Import, the only choices it provides are "as footage" or "as composition." When I do the latter, it imports only the project's footage as a composition while placing that footage in its own folder. The other compositions within that project are not imported, and it's those I need. Do I have a preference set wrong? I've looked through them, but can't seem to find one that applies.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 25, 2015 at 3:48:21 pm

I'm at my kitchen table right now, but just try importing a project file and see what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff Watkins
on Oct 25, 2015 at 5:14:09 pm

Well, I do feel a fool. That, or my AE was just "tired" last night. This morning Import gave me the option to import a project, where last night it didn't. So it's all good now. The take-away is perseverance and trust in your betters. Thanks so much for sticking with me on what now seems like a most dunderheaded question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]