ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask/Path Snapping Problem in CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris LonesMask/Path Snapping Problem in CC 2015
by on Oct 23, 2015 at 4:38:55 pm

I've run into some wonky results recently when trying to manipulate groups of vertices or entire masks/paths.

For instance...Currently, I would like rotate my shape's path 180 degrees. Like normal, I select all the points, double-click to get the transform box around them, hold shift for snapping, and then rotate it until it snaps into the spot I want. Should be pretty simple, right?

Instead, it rotates 45 degress, then 90 as it should, but as I continue to drag towards 180, the whole transform box will suddenly begin sliding its position instead of continuing to rotate. Or suddenly start re-sizing instead of rotating. It's frustrating to no end.

I get similar results when trying to re-size from the anchor point using CTRL. It starts to re-size like normal, then spontaneously slides in the direction of my mouse drag instead. In both situations, I will try multiple times, and the bug happens at random points during my rotation/re-size. It doesn't seem to be triggered by crossing a certain point in the transform.

Finally, I don't believe this was a problem when I first jumped from CC 2014 to 2015. I *think* it may have begun after one of the last few updates, but I'm not totally sure. I know the most recent update didn't fix it.

Has anyone run into similar behavior and/or discovered a solution? I'm currently working around it by doing everything manually, which is fine, but I feel like I've lost significant speed and precision.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Chris Lones

Return to posts index

Jeff BobbingtonRe: Mask/Path Snapping Problem in CC 2015
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:13:59 pm

This has started happening to me after upgrading from CS6 to CC2015.
It's like it forgets you are holding down the shift key.

I have no solution.
Strange that its not a more reported issue as its a function I use very often.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved