1) Select your Text Layer
2) Then select Layer>Create Shapes from Text
3) Twirl down the Contents of the newly created Shape Layer
4) Select all the letters/groups and select the Quick Mask Tool. Click on the word Fill, next to the Toolbar. Select the No Fill option - we need ONLY Strokes and the Trim Paths feature - Fills just gets in the way.
5) Use the Shape Layer's ADD Wing Menu to apply Trim Paths
6) Keyframe the End prop from 0 to 100
7) Place the original Text Layer above the Shape Layer - we're going to use it as a Track Matte
8) Apply Track Matte for the Shape Layer - choose the Alpha Matte option
9) Select all the letters/groups within the Contents section. Select the Quick Mask Tool. Adjust the Stroke value and scrub the Timeline Indicator to gauge how large the Stroke value should be without compromising the look.
10) Apply an Adjustment Layer at the top of the layer stack. Apply Bevel Alpha and any other 'looks' plugins to get a Beveled look.