ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create video sequence with text layers same length as videos?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabe Hartman
Create video sequence with text layers same length as videos?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 5:20:23 am

Alright so I'm trying to figure out a simpler way of doing this, which I imagine there's got to be.
So pretty much I have a large amount of videos that I need to overlay text over, each text is different (not all videos are the same length)
example of what im working with: http://i.imgur.com/hrMhtWT.png
So I wanted to know if there's like a possible way of like taking this sequence and converting these to a text layer or a way of sequencing them with text layers when putting it into a composition or something?
(btw the text needs to go the length of each vid incase you didn't get what I was saying)

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Create video sequence with text layers same length as videos?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 11:33:59 am

You could drag each video layer and drag it on to the new comp button, that creates a new comp the length of you video layer. Do that for each
video layer and add text to each comp. Then take each of these completed comps and drag them on to the create comp button and if you selected them in the order you want them be in your video, choose single comp in the dialogue box and they will be correctly sequenced. Otherwise, just order them from top to bottom, use the animation assistant sequence layers.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Gabe Hartman
on Oct 22, 2015 at 6:07:58 pm

Thats seems like more work than just making individual text layers the same size of each video imo.
I have to do this for like 300+ videos.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 22, 2015 at 7:48:55 pm

It sounds like AE may be the wrong tool for the job. It might be better to do this in an editing application. Is there specific reason for doing this in AE?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]