ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Colorspace confusion.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanColorspace confusion.
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 7:55:42 am

Hello Everyone,
I'm having difficulty with the color space settings. I am rendering for broadcast in Germany, therefore I need PAL 601 output. I have my working space set to SDTVPAL (16-235). When I make a white text layer, set the text color to white (235,235,235), the type stills shows as 255,255,255 in the info panel when I hold the mouse over it. When I bring the rendered film (Quicktime DVPAL Widescreen) back into AE to check, the info panel shows the white text as 255,255,255. Am I missing something? How can I see the absolute true value of my rendered quicktime?
Any help appreciated.

Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Colorspace confusion.
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 4:38:31 pm

Will this go into an NLE prior to delivery? Some of them will automatically fix video level & color saturation problems. If you are, I'd import a test clip with your narmal white & black, export it and check it in AE.

Broadcast white is 234-234-234 and broadcast black is 16-16-16.

NLE's also typically have pretty good Broadcast safe filters in them. Unlike AE's crummy Broadcast Safe effect, which I never relied upon.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved