ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Since upgrading to CC 2015, I no longer have live updates in the preview window

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ximon GraySince upgrading to CC 2015, I no longer have live updates in the preview window
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 10:40:20 am

Everything behaves as if I've turned off Live Update (I haven't).

Scaling, positioning, or dialing in any sort of effect - the result is not shown until I release the mouse button. Even within a very simple composition.

Any ideas what might cause this? Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Since upgrading to CC 2015, I no longer have live updates in the preview window
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 6:15:17 pm

AE CC 2015 is an upgrade that's masquerading as a train wreck. If you don't need it, use AE CC 2014, where thing behave more normally.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Since upgrading to CC 2015, I no longer have live updates in the preview window
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 6:41:17 pm

I have not experienced the issue you're describing on either my Mac or my Windows machines. I've been using CC 2015 in my freelance production without issue.
It's possible that something in your setup is triggering a bug of some kind, but without knowing more, it's hard to say.
There is an update coming out next month for AE that is meant to be fixing a LOT of bugs, so if you don't have time to troubleshoot now, just use CC 2014 for the time being and try CC 2015 again after the update releases.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]