ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects character turnaround

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vidhu ShahAfter effects character turnaround
by on Oct 18, 2015 at 1:29:15 pm

Hi there!
I'm new to after effects. I have been watching a ton of tutorials and can now use the duik plugin to rig characters and animate basic characters. However, I want to work on an animation where I have multiple angles of a character. I just wanted to know how I should go about doing that given that most of the youtubers I followed do not have a tutorial for this.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Saskamodie JonesRe: After effects character turnaround
by on Oct 18, 2015 at 11:03:20 pm

Hey Vidhu,

This guy Daniel Gies has a really good series on how to animate characters with Adobe After Effects. You can watch a tutorial where he explains how he uses the liquify tool to achieve morph from angle to angle:

Return to posts index

Vidhu ShahRe: After effects character turnaround
by on Oct 19, 2015 at 3:03:05 am

Thanks for responding, Saskamodie! Thanks a lot for showing me Daniel Gies' tutorials, they look really good. But I was wondering if I could create something like this:

I downloaded the rig to see how he did it. He has sliders to move his head, body and feet around as well as a slider that controls the 'arm depth', i.e, if he needs to put one arm behind the body and another in front of it when the body turns.

Thanks,
Bidu

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2015 at 4:23:10 am

After watching the Vango tut I think what he is doing is no different that what http://pixityland.com/ does with their character templates. The concept that Daniel Gies uses is the same as what Vango does. The difference being that with the Vango or Pixityland rigs the individual positions are keyframed and then mapped to a slider range. You can accomplish the same thing on your own by sapping out the parts on the Vango or Pixity rig or you can make your own. This would involve using the "slider control" effect. Here's a tut showing you how to rig that up:

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2015 at 4:25:35 am

Here's a better tut:

Return to posts index

Meilana GillardRe: After effects character turnaround
by on Nov 22, 2015 at 11:19:24 am

Hi! I'm trying to do the same thing and new to AE and duik tools . The Gies tuts are great but I get an error trying to download the rig. I'm in Ireland, could be the issue.. Anyway, could one of you please share those rigs with me? You'd be doing me a major solid:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]