ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Golan BuenoAfter Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 16, 2015 at 1:24:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a ki-blast effect (Dragonball fan). I shoot a energy ball from my hand to a tree. The enery ball is made with Particular.

What I did is rotobrush my hand, because I want the energy ball to be behind my hand. Everything works in After Effects, but when I export everything to a .avi or .mov file. You will notice that my rotobrushed hand doesn't match it orginal place anymmore.

screenshots:

Extra info:
Shoot with my mobile: 1920x1080 - 29,85 fps
Because i shoot my energy ball against the tree I needed to 3d track the footage. If tried the rotobrush layer in 2d and 3d settings. Even tried to keyframe it, but that's seem to be impossible (to much work).

Does anyone know how to fix this or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Golan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:02:47 pm

A few things come to mind:

29.85 fps is a VERY odd frame rate. What application is giving you that number? If it's AE that's giving you that number, you should re-interpret your footage to make it 29.97.

What's the media container & codec of the footage? If it's highly-compressed stuff straight off a phone, AE may be having time-related troubles with it. Transcode it to something lossless for use in AE. I like Quicktimes in the PNG or Animation codecs for this. And fix the frame rate if necessary, while you're at it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tomek DyszkiewiczRe: After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 16, 2015 at 5:59:31 pm

I believe problem is located in framerates. Double check whether you really have 29,975 input footage and/or comp settings is the same framerate and/or export settings have the same parameters.

Return to posts index

Golan BuenoRe: After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 17, 2015 at 4:55:41 pm

Thank you guys for your reply.

@Dave LaRonde: AE is giving me the number of my footage. It is straight out of my phone (.mp4). Would you suggest me exporting my footage to a .mov 25 fps? Not sure about the fps. I think it would be better than exporting it to 29.975.

@Tomek Dyszkiewicz: I double checked them all and they all have 29.850 fps. The strange thing is in AE i don't see any time differents with the two layers, only in my export, but its one and the same export.

I will try and eport it to a .mov 25 fps. I will let you guys know if it worked.
Golan

Return to posts index

Golan BuenoRe: After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 18, 2015 at 5:32:40 pm

Thank you guys,

Exporting it to a .mov 25fps fix the problem. If you are curious about the end product. Here is the youtube link:

Golan

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: After Effect CC 2015 Rotobrush time offset?
by on Oct 18, 2015 at 5:38:10 pm

Phones usually compress the footage by using variable frame rate. It doesn't show any weirdness when you're viewing it but if you're using it with a software that's expecting a constant frame rate you'll run into problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]