ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D particle replicator issue with rotation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince FieldElement 3D particle replicator issue with rotation
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 4:25:43 am

Any advice on how to rotate the entire particle replicator system in Element 3D?

I tried playing with the replicator rotation settings, but it just seems to rotate each particle, whereas I want the entire particle system to rotate. I want more diversity in the flow of the particles that I've created, as they seem to be on a loop, repeating the same pattern. I believe adding random rotation to the system will do the trick, but I can't seem to pull it off.

The settings that I've altered to achieve the effect thus far are as follows (all other settings remain the default):

Scene Setup:
Sphere Model
Segments = 16
Normal Threshold = 180 degrees
Optimize Mesh = On
Enable Deformation = On

Group 1:
Particle count = 5,000
Replicator shape = Sphere
Replicator Effects>Position noise>Noise evolution = 0x +88 degrees to 1x +88 degrees (over 5 seconds)
Replicator Effects>Position noise>Noise amount = 103 to 166 (over 5 seconds)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Element 3D particle replicator issue with rotation
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 7:41:55 am

The particle rotation under the particle look rotates the individual particles, whereas the rotation under the particle replicator rotates the entire group.

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Vince FieldRe: Element 3D particle replicator issue with rotation
by on Oct 15, 2015 at 2:43:18 pm

In the case of this project, particle replicator rotation did not rotate the entire group. Again, it seemed to only rotate the individual particles. The shape made the same exact motions with PR rotation animated. I was able to achieve group rotation in the World Transform rotation settings. Thanks anyway!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]