ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE cc 2014 - freezing + flickering issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Gerges
AE cc 2014 - freezing + flickering issues
on Oct 14, 2015 at 7:38:00 am

hi im having freezing (unresponsive software) and flickering issues (icon in the taskbar goes crazy so does the AE screen) happening to me too all of sudden it's driving me nuts as i cant actually not work properly (and on a tight deadline as usual...) and was just looking if anyone has a solution. This goes for every project i work on now for a week. AE freezes for 10-30 sec. gets back and freezes again randomly.... can't figure out why

i trashed my prefs already
updated AFX CC 204 to the latest
so did the grafx driver (nvidia quadro k2000)
on win 10

and btw i do notice a small peak in CPU performance when this is happening.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE cc 2014 - freezing + flickering issues
on Oct 14, 2015 at 9:35:37 am

When I see this happen, I switch to another app by clicking its icon on the taskbar, then back on the Ae by clicking its icon on the taskbar.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Gerges
on Oct 14, 2015 at 9:51:59 am

nope doesnt help :(

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 14, 2015 at 10:27:52 am

That's strange -- it works every time here, on multiple machines. You might also try right-clicking something on the taskbar, or pressing the Windows key to open the start menu.

Can you tell what Ae is doing when it starts flickering? Is there any heavy render going on? (I don't think that's related to the flickering, but rather to the app not coming back immediately.)

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Gerges
on Oct 14, 2015 at 12:28:58 pm

i^m actually doing NOTHING...just trying to select keyframes. it freezes. icon starts flickering in the task bar (moves left right) gets back, AE is unresponsive and comes back between 10sec and 1 min.....

i did now notice that even Illustrator and premire do get unresponsive. but not so much as AE... i have no idea what might be the problem. i tried updating, deactivating antivirus, flushing caches...etc. everathing i could think of with no luck. Even moving my working HDD to another slot did not help. the one thing i see is a peak in the CPU at one point but i cannot figure out what might do that....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]