ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing green screen subject in 3d enviroment with 3d rendered car

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darryl WalkerCompositing green screen subject in 3d enviroment with 3d rendered car
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:57:30 pm

Hello everyone,i usually lurk in the shadows of the internet to learn much as possible whether books, creativecow, youtube etc. I realized i never interact with great people on the internet with extensive knowledge that can speed up my process or point me in the right direction.

I am fairly new to the whole aspect of anything involving graphics or a camera to be exact but have learned so much in a very little time because of determination. last year i didn't even know how to turn on my camera lol but any ways was wondering if u can help me. As of lately my main focus has been music videos. very heavy into green screening right anything i can learn i read. me and my buddy where findings ways to improve our skills. i've use 2d photos for black plates .i found car photos rendered by 3ds max or c4d idk just guessing.. I drop them into after effects Composited them with my friend looked very nice. i would like to take it a step further. my goal is to place me and my buddy into a studio light environment similar to the vehicle in my pics but i also want to match move the environment with my tracking of my footage .i am thing of 180 degree rotation front and side views only.... there is some many programs and rendering prpograms to choose im stuck. c4d, 3ds max, element 3d, maya , mentalray lightwave maxwell, vray i can name a thousand more can someone point me in the right direction? i know its better to ask it can save me weeks or months of chasing my own tail

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Compositing green screen subject in 3d enviroment with 3d rendered car
by on Oct 13, 2015 at 9:11:28 am

[Darryl Walker] "c4d, 3ds max, element 3d, maya , mentalray lightwave maxwell, vray i can name a thousand more can someone point me in the right direction?"

Honestly, any of these could help you. I'd add Blender to the list because it's capable, open-source and free, so you don't have to spend a few thousand dollars to see if 3D is for you or not.

Element 3D is probably the easiest way to do this in Ae, but it's not a full 3D application and you will need models for it.

C4D is a full 3D app. It has some really nice integration with Ae, and it's my 3D app of choice because of that. I think it has the gentlest learning curve of the major 3D packages.

I wouldn't worry about the third-party renderers just yet. Learn a 3D package with its native renderer first.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Darryl WalkerRe: Compositing green screen subject in 3d enviroment with 3d rendered car
by on Oct 13, 2015 at 4:19:09 pm

thanks alot i really appreciate the input

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]