ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

after effects is importing my clips as compostions from premiere pro!! HELP!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lito Lorenzoafter effects is importing my clips as compostions from premiere pro!! HELP!!!
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 4:48:41 pm
Last Edited By Lito Lorenzo on Oct 14, 2015 at 2:20:56 pm

I've imported to AE from PP a lot. Normally I copy 1 or more cuts from my sequence in PP and paste in a AE composition and it would show up as "blue layers" as normal. Then i would use VideoCopilots Trim Compose script and turn my "blue layers" into their own "brown precomps".

BUT whenever i import into AE from PP, my cuts already show up as their own "brown precomps", which is fine, but when i open 1 of the "brown precomps" up it shows the entire video clip and not the actual edit..

to be more specific: when i go into PP and right click on a 1 SECOND CUT in my sequence and click "replace with AE compostion".. AE will open and it would create a "brown precomp" within a 1 SECOND compisition.. I dont know why it does this now? it use to open a "blue layer" and i would be able to double click on it to rotobrush..

when i double click on the "brown precomp" it shows the "blue layer" but the clip is 1 minuted long! i can size it down to my 1 SECOND CUT no problem but when im dealing with 50 cuts in PP it kills the work flow.....

and thus when i go back to PP it gives me the message "the importer reported a generic error"

My guess is that you've done something to the clips in Premiere Pro that is causing this change in behavior. An unaltered clip in Premiere Pro will come across as a clip/layer in After Effects, but---for example---a clip that uses certain effects or the Scale To Frame Size option will come across as a precomposition to encapsulate those changes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved