ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Weird Import Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff WatkinsWeird Import Problem
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 2:31:11 am

This has started only recently. Whenever I attempt to import Photoshop files, whether layers or as compositions, AE gives me a warning: "The sequence has (# - some random number, different for whatever file I try to import) missing frames" followed on the next line by two numbers separated by double colons (i.e. "::"). It then opens a file which, though in the same directory as the file I actually selected, is a completely different file from the one I selected. What on earth is going on? This hasn't ever happened, and I've been using AE for several years now. The problem only started recently (i.e. within the last few weeks). Is it some preference I've inadvertently changed in the program? I can't imagine what, nor have I intentionally changed any AE preferences. This problem has brought my project to a screeching halt, as you can imagine. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Weird Import Problem
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 7:37:46 am

Flush the cache and re-start. If that does not work, clear the preferences: Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Win) or Command+Option+; (Mac) while starting the program.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Weird Import Problem
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 1:22:22 pm

You might have numbered files in the same folder with similar filename, that's why ae is importing it as a sequence.

While importing the files make sure that you have turned of the checkbox for importing as a sequence in the import dialog box.

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

Return to posts index

Jeff WatkinsRe: Weird Import Problem
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 2:32:31 pm

That was it precisely. Had no idea that sequence feature was available, nor can I imagine how I triggered it after all this time. I've been working on this project for almost a year, naming and importing files the same way all the while. But I'll be vigilant from now on. You got me "unstuck." Thank you very much indeed!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved