ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: Particular cannot work on a time-reversed layer (502) (25::237)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xander HughAfter Effects error: Particular cannot work on a time-reversed layer (502) (25::237)
by on Oct 11, 2015 at 8:29:43 pm

Today I opened an older project to pull some layers but have found the project throws up this error when I go to that comp and I'm unable to proceed any further.

To be clear, there is NO time remapping, time reversing, or any similar property in the composition. I have been able to narrow it down to four layers within the comp which use particular, however there are other layers in the same comp with particular which work as expected.

If I turn off the problem layers the comp has no problems.

I'm Windows 7 ultimate, AE CC2014, 32GB RAM, a few SSD drives, Phenom x6 1100T, GTX 580.
I have also tried on other machines with CC2014, CC2015 and CS6, same problem which wasn't there before.

I've completely uninstalled AE and then made a fresh install of both AE and trapcode suite. The problem persists.

Last time I worked on this file around three months ago I had no problems. I have spent the last four hours searching google. I've tinkered with my graphics card, ive tinkered with caching, scratch drive, multiple threads, no luck at all.

I'm confused why it's specifically stating time reversed layers as there are none in the comp. Even if I remove absolutely everything from the comp with the exception of one problem layer I still get the same error. Google searches seem to be leading me down the wrong path as I can't see how time reverse has anything to do with it.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks
-Xan

Return to posts index

Xander HughRe: After Effects error: Particular cannot work on a time-reversed layer (502) (25::237)
by on Oct 11, 2015 at 8:41:03 pm

SOLVED

Oddly enough as soon as I posted this thread I discovered a solution.

The issue here was cc force motion blur. Obviously it worked for me before, but now it does not. I do have a slightly newer version of Trapcode so the bug seems to be with version 12.1 of trapcode not wanting to play with force motion blur anymore.
I'm going to assume I can still use motion blur if i precomp it instead, I'll add any further findings to this thread but for now it seems the problem has been found, no workaround yet.

Return to posts index

cody milasRe: After Effects error: Particular cannot work on a time-reversed layer (502) (25::237)
by on Nov 16, 2015 at 8:21:58 pm

i am having this same issue and cant solve the problem, could you please explain how to solve it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]