ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3D text position is always different then source text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kreatywna KrowaElement 3D text position is always different then source text
by on Oct 10, 2015 at 6:44:33 pm

When I create a 3D text based of my written text in Adobe Afterr Effects (Element 3D plug-in) I never get a "streight" 3D word. Every time when I create a new one, my created 3D text seems to be is very different position.

See this example first:
http://i.imgur.com/pkYmk3S.png

My original text is upper left, my Element 3D text is below right.

Why everytime it looks like similat to this?
Why my Element 3D text coudn't show in similar position to my source text?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Element 3D text position is always different then source text
by on Oct 11, 2015 at 2:54:11 pm

Element 3D Text is a 3d object that will appear in your frame based on where the camera is. The text source layer is just that- a source for the text shapes, and not for positioning. You have to move the text object using the 3d controls from the plugin to position it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kreatywna KrowaRe: Element 3D text position is always different then source text
by on Oct 12, 2015 at 9:51:14 pm

Thanks, so there is no any trick to do that what I want to?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Element 3D text position is always different then source text
by on Oct 13, 2015 at 6:44:15 am

You can not position it without a bit of work. However, if you position your text layer as a 3d layer, you can generate a Null from Element 3D for your text object and then Shift Parent that to the text layer you initially positioned. That should bring the Element 3D text to the same 3d coordinates.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]