ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Select all the text in the project?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stevic
Select all the text in the project?
on Oct 9, 2015 at 9:00:51 pm

Hi there :)

I really need some advice, I have 500 text layers in 500 different compositions, is there a script or some other way to select all the text in the project and lock it? Because I need all my text to be locked, but I forgot it and now I have 500 text layers and need to do it manually... Or is there someone who can help me with some beautiful ideas? :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Best!

John

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Select all the text in the project?
on Oct 9, 2015 at 9:25:40 pm

How do you lock text? Are you referring to locking the layers?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Stevic
on Oct 9, 2015 at 9:55:01 pm

Yes locking it with the small button on the left :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 9, 2015 at 10:43:05 pm

There might be a script for that, but I haven't seen one.

I'm curious about the necessity to lock all of them. The only time I've locked layers is to keep myself from making inadvertant changes. If I open a comp again it's to make changes, so I'd have to unlock any locked layers. Perhaps I'm missing something, but it sounds like what you're doing might be unnecessary in the first place.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Stevic
on Oct 9, 2015 at 11:08:30 pm

Noup, it's the huge numbers over my video compositions, the number is there to tell me the name (number) of the composition I want to edit. And all the numbers (text) can be turned on and off from one place. So, I turn it on to see the composition number and then I turn it off. I was using this compositions only for pictures and videos and now I wanted to add some text on it and I can't because every time I click on the screen with the text tool it opens the existing "invisible" text (a number) because it's big and it's all over the screen. I hope you understand now. I know I can use "create new text" from the tab, but it's just annoying... I should have make it "locked" and it would be fine, but I didn't know that I will need text in the video compositions...

Well I guess I need to open 500 compositions and click on the lock icon 500 times, maybe it want take too long 1-2 hours or less I don't know :)

Thanks anyway!

Best,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]