ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing layer from Adobe dynamic link to Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Brandt
Removing layer from Adobe dynamic link to Premier Pro
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:33:20 pm

Hello fellows,

I would like to use Adobe Dynamic Link to ease my workflow for incorporating title designs I make in AE to a Premier Pro timeline. When I make some title designs for interviews, I place a still PNG picture of the interview frame in my AE sequence as reference background to design an appropriate title... I used to export these in Animation format with the Alpha Chanel and place it in my timeline over the video track.

Now, with Dynamic link I can skip the export phase and import the AE composition directly in Premier Pro BUT when I do that, it brings in all the layers of the AE composition, including my PNG picture reference background (which obviously I don't want). Clicking to hide that layer in the AE composition does not remove it when being sent to Premier Pro.

Any ways around this ?

Thanks !

--
Producer | Filmmaker
Geneva - Switzerland
https://vimeo.com/channels/800406

Return to posts index

Frank Feijen
Re: Removing layer from Adobe dynamic link to Premier Pro
on Oct 7, 2015 at 5:56:14 pm

Do you use a dynamic link (comp becomes 1 layersegment in premiere, linked to the ae-project), or do you import the ae-comp as a sequence in premiere (all comp layers are clips on a timeline resembling the ae-comp)?

Return to posts index

Alexandre Brandt
on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:12:54 am

Hey Frank,

I opened in PP project this morning to discover that the PNG track is not showing anymore, so now I only have the title design layer which is what I want. Interesting...

I had imported the AE sequences via PP "Import After Effects Composition".

I did notice however, that my PP timeline render/preview becomes red with the AE composition forcing me to render, but it stays yellow and playable without render if I bring in a Quicktime Animation RGB+Alpha export of my title animation. So I might stay with the good old technique, to export first from AE and then bring in the assets in PP as I have a quite a few of these.

Thanks !

--
Producer | Filmmaker
Geneva - Switzerland
https://vimeo.com/channels/800406

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 7, 2015 at 6:33:43 pm

You could always remove the PNG still before you try to use the comp in PP.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]