ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Premiere to After Effects issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McBeePremiere to After Effects issue
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 2:28:24 pm

The is driving me nuts: Using Multicam Sequence from Premiere to After Effects.
Note: I have looked through multiple threads to try and find an answer to no avail, frankly note sure how to word the search. So if something like this has be answered before I apologize for the post and please point me to a thread that covers this

I am going from Premiere (CC v9) to AE (CC
I am using "Replace with after effects comp". (though have tried Dynamic link and Import project with same result).
Issue: It flows to AE but only uses one Video file for each cut

Premier pro Time line

This is what AE timeline looks like, you will note all the files are imported, but the Source name Files below left are all the same, The Multicam sequence file. All the cuts in the timeline are the "GOPRO290.MP4" file not the different cuts of the different files that I see in Premier.

I am at a loss, I have done this many times with other projects with no issues using all the same setting in Premiere and AE

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Premiere to After Effects issue
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 5:58:56 pm

My guess is that you should 'flatten' your multicam-edit in premiere before sendin it to AE (select the clips in your edit - right click/multicamera/flatten)

Return to posts index

Michael McBeeRe: Premiere to After Effects issue
by on Oct 7, 2015 at 6:33:41 pm

Thank you that did the trick. I tried that on that Sequence 2 times to no avail, so I re-did the whole sequence, flattened (again) and it worked. 3rd time is the charm. Thank you again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved