ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Cinema4D files in AE - video texture not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Tango
Using Cinema4D files in AE - video texture not working
on Oct 6, 2015 at 10:21:14 pm

I have a somewhat obscure problem right now - I have an object in Cinema 4D that has a video texture on it with transparency (a hologram). It displays fine in Cinema 4D, but it doesn't show up properly in AE. I've spent the last few hours searching the web high and low for a way to have this display properly in AE, but have found nothing so far.

Here's what they look like in each program:
http://i.imgur.com/Ojbhzno.jpg

I've posted this in the Cinema4D forum as well. Any help would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Using Cinema4D files in AE - video texture not working
on Oct 7, 2015 at 3:21:37 pm

How are you bringing it into AE?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

James Tango
on Oct 7, 2015 at 4:22:48 pm

I have the original *.c4d file imported into AE, and it's running using the Live3D update. Whenever I save the file in Cinema 4D, it automatically updates in AE.

When I view the footage item in AE it shows up properly, but as soon as I drop it into a comp the hologram loses its transparency.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 7, 2015 at 7:46:15 pm

Does it need a C4D tag that AE needs to see to interpret correctly? Otherwise I would suggest rendering out the hologram layer with an image buffer from C4D and composite it in AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Oct 8, 2015 at 8:02:37 am

I dont see any reason for it to not work properly. Can you share your c4d file with the video texture?

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]